Export To Text File with Text Qualifiers

Support for DataSlave

Moderators: Tom, ian

Export To Text File with Text Qualifiers

Postby breener96 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:12 pm

I would like the ability to select which columns of data that I want to be exported with text qualifiers as opposed to all or nothing. Is there a way that I can select a single row and make it the only row that will export using a text qualifier?

For example, lets say that I have the following columns that I will export to a text file.
FirstName, LastName, MiddleName

I would like to put text qualifiers on MiddleName, and not on FirstName and LastName. How can I do this?

I ran into an issue when I exported the data using SQL Reporting Services as it allowed for this where I was unable to figure out a way to do this with DataSlave.
breener96

Re: Export To Text File with Text Qualifiers

Postby ian » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:49 pm

If I understand your requirement, you can use the Prefix and Suffix Transform functions to add the text qualifiers to the columns you want them added to. Then export to a text file witout qualifiers.

Please feel free to send us samples of data in and data out. We can then create a sample map to illustrate.
ian

Postby breener96 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:56 pm

I was able to add the Prefix and that worked, but I do not see the option to add a Suffix Transform. I am looking at the transform, Functions->String and many choices are available, just not Suffix. I am running DataSlave v2.2.2 Standard. Am I missing something?
breener96

Postby ian » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:11 pm

My mistake. The other function is append.

I attach a sample map to illustrate how to do what you want.
Attachments
Text_Qualifier.zip
Sample map
(3.18 KiB) Downloaded 522 times
ian

Postby breener96 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:22 pm

That worked. Thanks!
breener96

Return to Support