Running a map in batch mode

Support for DataSlave

Moderators: Tom, ian

Running a map in batch mode

Postby tmancini » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi,

I have the Dataslave 2.2.5 Professional version.

I have a map that has about 25 distinct rows of commands. Each row reads from a different table, transforms, then writes to another table in a remote database.

There are about 7 reads/writes that are fairly large (100,000) and I would like to run those in batch mode. How can this be accomplished?

Every time I right click one of the read operations, it allows me to choose "batch mode". But when I select it, it acts as if only that command will be executed in batch mode. And if I try to right-click and do the same to another row of commands, the previous one is no longer set for batch mode.

Will I have to split it up and put the large read/writes in separate maps so that i can accomplish this? The problem is that it is taking very long, and I would like to speed up my process.

Thanks.
tmancini

Re: Running a map in batch mode

Postby ian » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:17 pm

Only a single object on a Map can be in Batch mode. As you suggest you might be best advised to break your map up into a number of separate Maps and to run them one after another, using Batch Mode for the large read on each Map.

If you need to run the Maps in an automated way then you could consider using DataSlave Loader to run one map after another. This will also allow the execution to be scheduled.

It is hard for me to comment on the time taken to process the Maps. This can depend on a number of factors including the technology and speed of access to the database server
ian

Return to Support