Error Messages and Documentation

A list of requested enhancements to DataSlave

Moderators: Tom, ian

Error Messages and Documentation

Postby blackice » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:58 am

I know this isn't a critical one, but the ability to integrate DataSlave functionality within an app is incredibly valuable. However, sometimes it can get us into trouble in the strangest of situations.

For example, during an SQL export process, and error was encountered. A message dialog popped up and said \"An error occured whilst...\"

Now, I know it sounds funny and trivial, but when folks on my side saw it, the first thing they commented on wasn't the error, but the usage of the word \"whilst\", something of course we here in the U.S. don't often use. So the first request to me was to please change that word to something they considered more appropriate.

Perhaps this can be done somehow with the SDK, not sure, but I'm sure this same issue could happen to non-SDK users. So, in a way it falls under resource internationalization, and in a way it doesn't I guess.

Perhaps you could allow licensed users of the SDK and/or DataSlave to participate, during the Beta cycle, in a documentation review, being DataSlave and SDK help, error message strings, etc., and then we can help notice misspellings, stuff like that which would help the end product.

Just a thought.

Kind Regards,
Matt R. Cole
blackice

Beta release policy

Postby ian » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:28 am

Matt,

We do have a beta release program and I will include you in this. Help from users is always most welcome.

I will check, but I suspect that the error you see is actually generated by Microsoft not Baycastle. Perhaps they are \"speaking\" UK English rather than US English. I will report back any findings.
ian

Return to Wishlist