Make icon on function a button

A list of requested enhancements to DataSlave

Moderators: Tom, ian

Make icon on function a button

Postby flxkid » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:17 pm

I find that I accidentally edit the label on functions when I mean to pull up its properties because they both have the same action (double click) but just in slightly different places.

I think it might be better to make the icon into a button that brings up the properties rather than using the double click action.

Ideally if it were up to me (and its not), I would make the icon a drag point to move an item, make the magnifying glass into a properties button and put the functionality of the magnifying glass onto a toolbar button that toggles based on the selected function.
flxkid

Using F4

Postby ian » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:57 am

We recognise that the spot to double click on is a bit sensitive.

You can also use the F4 button to display properties and F3 to rename. i tend to use these as they are quicker and simpler.
ian

Postby flxkid » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:38 pm

good tips ian. I noticed that F4 works on the main items (export, validate, transform, read), but doesn't work on detail items. So I can't use F4 to get to the script editor on a script item in a validate for instance.
flxkid

New release

Postby ian » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:30 am

The new release of DataSlave, version 2.0, has the left button on map objects working with a single click and changes with mouse over. Thanks for your suggestion.
ian

Return to Wishlist